My views on literally every controversy in today's day and age

Today we are told that the ultimate goal for humanity is total equality. As if once we reach this goal, the world will be just peachy. The truth is we already are equal. In God's eyes each human being is loved by him, each person on this earth is in His best interest. He wishes for this love to be reciprocated, for our main desire to be Him.
The truth is we already are equal. Since we have our own best interests in mind, we soon turn against each other. We soon turn to sin. We weigh our burden in comparison to others and feel that because our circumstances are "worse" we are suddenly entitled to fight for our equality compared to our "better off" neighbor.
We complicate life so much by trying to define something (in this case equality) that, in comparison to God's love and acceptance, isn't much to look forward to.
All in all, we aren't entitled to anything but the love of Christ. I have seen pure joy and love from people who have God as the forefront of their lives and are homeless, persecuted, outcast, "unequal"...
As I grow in Christ and learn more and experience more, I often find I am conflicted with what equality campaign I should support. The LGBTQ community? the black community? The feminist community? The conservative community? The burning question is which one does God favor more? And then comes the pressure of being persecuted for fighting for that campaign. To tell you the truth, I see them all equally and have no specific desire to be apart of any. I guess that puts me in a whole other persecuted group altogether. Fire the campaign for the nonleftist-nonrightest-middlishest group!
But in all seriousness, the fight for equality is dividing mankind more than ever. Now we have names for what makes us different from the person next to us. I can identify now as a heterosexual Christian guyanese-and-hawaiian-american biological/psychological  woman. That's quite a mouthful compared to "child of God", a label all humans can identify with--one I'd much rather prefer.

Comments

Popular Posts